Aftermarket Fairings

cbig1969

Mar 30, 2013
Finding after market fairings for my '01 GSXR600 is easy. The problem I have is that the majority (maybe 99% of all the ads I've viewed) don't have pictures of the fairings installed on the bike. Can someone point me to where there are pics so I can see what looks best? This is super frustrating.

Thanks in advance.

ewant81

Mar 20, 2015
I too am looking at aftermarket fairings for my K6. Has anyone any experience of using the ones on ebay?

johnny

Aug 10, 2014
newcastle upon tyne
This is my experience of the buying the aftermarket Chinese fairings off ebay. I have a gsxr 600 k1, bought it as a track bike, took track fairings off and bought a full set of black (with red gsxr badges) Chinese fairings from a reputable Chinese seller on ebay for £250 all in. Took about 2 weeks to get them, looked great when I got them out the box, stickers where lacquered over and they came with a free tank protector and nuts and bolts plus a black screen. I thought they were going to be great until I went to fit them to the bike! The fitment is absolutely horrific! Broke a lug off my right hand air duct and a mounting lug off the nose cone trying to force them to fit. Also the nose cone had a small crack in it when I took it out the box. They are flimsy poor poor quality pieces of plastic crap! Also when the bike is in the daylight and the sun hits it the paint has blue speckles in it, you also have to source all the little black rubber gromets to go in the fairings. Once they were all fitted from a distance they look ok but close up is another story, I was gutted I bought them. Was lucky to find a genuine set on ebay that had just been painted and bought them, ripped the Chinese crap off and its in a pile in my garage and would actually feel bad trying to sell them to someone they are that bad. I would 100% advise you not to buy anything but genuine fairings as I learnt the hard way.

richbris86

Apr 14, 2015
Dursley
This is my experience of the buying the aftermarket Chinese fairings off ebay. I have a gsxr 600 k1, bought it as a track bike, took track fairings off and bought a full set of black (with red gsxr badges) Chinese fairings from a reputable Chinese seller on ebay for £250 all in. Took about 2 weeks to get them, looked great when I got them out the box, stickers where lacquered over and they came with a free tank protector and nuts and bolts plus a black screen. I thought they were going to be great until I went to fit them to the bike! The fitment is absolutely horrific! Broke a lug off my right hand air duct and a mounting lug off the nose cone trying to force them to fit. Also the nose cone had a small crack in it when I took it out the box. They are flimsy poor poor quality pieces of plastic crap! Also when the bike is in the daylight and the sun hits it the paint has blue speckles in it, you also have to source all the little black rubber gromets to go in the fairings. Once they were all fitted from a distance they look ok but close up is another story, I was gutted I bought them. Was lucky to find a genuine set on ebay that had just been painted and bought them, ripped the Chinese crap off and its in a pile in my garage and would actually feel bad trying to sell them to someone they are that bad. I would 100% advise you not to buy anything but genuine fairings as I learnt the hard way.

I totally agree, a friend of mine bought a set for his zx6r when he came off a few years ago, he called me over to help fit them and we ended up modifying almost every piece to get it to fit properly. the fitting holes and locations were wrong, and the wrong size. and when we did get it all together, the paint was different colours in the sunlight. total crap. we ended up fixing his original fairings and I sprayed them for him.