98 750 srad problems

Mick#5

Jul 27, 2014
Essex
Hi guys n gals, I'm new to this forum & I'm looking for some technical assistance.
I recently sent my head off for some tuning work, while it was away I decided to strip all the non essential wiring from my race bike.
So out came the side cutters and the soldering iron and armed with a full wiring diagram and the F1 schematics I got stuck in.

1st to go was all the indicators, lights and horn, then I decided to get rid of the big terminal block that connects the main loom to the clocks, lights, fuse box & side stand relay( it was already pretty corroded anyway)

I also got rid of the side stand relay and side stand switch but kept the clutch position switch as I understand you lose some revs if it's by-passed.

When the engine was reinstalled everything seemed ok..ignition good, fuel pump relay good,neutral light good, engine started on the button but now it won't rev past 8500 even unloaded.

When in dealer mode there are no codes, the TPS is in the correct position, I've fitted a new fuel pump, had the injectors serviced, tried a different ECU.....nothing makes any difference.

Can anyone offer any advice?

Mick#5

Jul 27, 2014
Essex
Well guys I got my bike sorted, turned out to be a faulty cam sensor.
Strange that it didn't show any fault codes in dealer mode but non the less that was the problem.