93 GSXR 750 Overheating

93Gixxer

Jul 9, 2020
Hi all!! I searched the threads and couldn't seem to find anything and thought I would ask for some insight. I have a 1993 750 with 17K miles on it. I took it out for a ride the last two afternoons and it stays nice and cool until I get into town. If I am doing a lot of stop light to stop light the temp starts to climb up to the red on the gauge and the fan kicks on, however it does not seem to bring the temp down much. Once I start moving again it drops down to normal or below. I had a 93 that I bought new 27 years ago, but don't remember it getting quite that warm with in town riding. I checked the coolant reservoir and it was empty so I did top that off and rode again, however it did not seem to pull anything in from there. Any thoughts? I am thinking start chasing it backwards (replace radiator cap, thermostat, etc.) or is it common for them to heat up like that in town. Any help is appreciated and I apologize if this is a redundant thread.

sapinvid

Dec 7, 2021
Is a 97 gsxr 750 built in with overheat protection that protects the engine if it gets to hot?! Reason I ask is because being doing some riding around and at low speed sometimes it gets hot on idle and when I got to pull away it cuts out on me, it's quite nerve racking as its mid turn sometimes and I have to throw a foot down. I thought it was me stalling it to start with but I've just pulled over in a layby jump off and it's cut out again? vidmate save insta