2017 GSX-R1000R Crank No Start Code C11

sloeg

Mar 24, 2024
Hey guys looking for some guidance because im lost at this point. I have a 2017 gsxr1000r it started getting hard to start, it would first start on the second try and it was like that a couple months. No FI light no check engine light. It slowly got worse and it would take several tries to start. Eventually it popped a code, C11.

C11 is cam position sensor so i went ahead and ordered a new oem sensor. The bike started right up first try, right after i put in the new sensor, started once more after that a few minutes later, then out of nowhere nothing, again crank crank but no start. Again it threw the C11 code. I got the service manual, it says that if sensor is good check wiring. I found some iffy wiring by the ecu not done by me. So I fixed the wires and my ecu started throwing all codes. Which i took as the ecu somehow got fried. I got another ecu and nothing, same symptoms, crank no start, code C11. All other codes were gone. So i went ahead and got a used wiring harness in perfect condition and put it in. I got the same results. Crank no start C11. I checked the cam and its moving w the motor and the slit is clean of metal, so is the sensor. I have no idea what the problem is. At this point ive changed everything the service manual says it could be. Sensor, harness, ecu.

Has anyone had this problem and how did you solve it other than lighting the bike on fire?! Thank you!