Steering issue

SlaveMaster1000

Dec 20, 2019
Australia
When approaching intersections at slow speeds my 16' GSXR 1000 wants to go to full lock in the direction I,m leaning. I have to fight it to avoid it wanting to drop on its side. Anybody have similar probs?

Oscar280

Sep 5, 2016
Similar problems? In 35 years of riding and racing - no.

Start looking at tyre condition, pressures, head and wheel bearings in that order. Plenty of online guides to show how to check them all. I'll be surprised if the fault isn't one or more of those issues, all easily remedied and comparatively cheap. In the mean time I would stop riding it, you might crash it and cause a huge repair bill or worse still hurt yourself or someone else. Good luck!

old

Dec 24, 2013
nantwich cheshire
check for too much rebound on front forks and fork height in the trees.also check preload ,and ride height .so the front end could be collapsing or failing to return quickly to correct ride height i had some aftermarket forks with to much rebound that did this .other faults that affect the correct smooth movement of the forks can do this . front brake on push down full force check feel and speed of return

Last edited:
Reactions: GixxerGod