Newbie: GSXR1000R

Advikaz

Jun 7, 2020
Kent - United Kingdom
Hi all,

My names Adam, i'm a bike and car racer from Kent - UK.

Just purchased a new GSXR1000R (my first suzuki), haven't ridden on the roads for a few years as have been race/track only for two years or so now.

Hoping the GSXR will be my 'do it all' bike that I can enjoy in the summer and do the odd trackday on as I'm winding down my racing a bit. Inevitably it'll probably end up in race spec at some point but I like the idea of it not being a full time 'track slag'.

Haven't picked the bike up yet, but it's first outing is at Donington at the end of the month. Looking forwards to getting on a thousand after racing 600's for a while now. I've owned loads of 1000cc+ bikes but actually never raced one.

Bikes going to be fairly stock initially as I don't want to fall in to my usual practises.. i.e. throwing the kitchen sink at it. I want to learn the bike and see what's what first. I've only ridden the 17' on the road a year or so back and was really impressed with the bike bar the shite brakes. Had the lever back to the bar on the roads! not good.

Taking this in to account I've got a CorsaCorta M/C on order and am changing the fluid. ABS is staying put for the time being but will almost definitely be pulled out. Only other mods are tank grips and case protectors at the moment plus I'll fiddle with the geo and see what she can do with stock suspenders.

Eventually it'll have a full system and ecu work (mainly for TC advantages).

Anyway, enough rambling - Hi,

Adam