My 2006 Plate K5 GSXR 600

• Please use the Gallery at the top of the page to upload your photos and create albums. This section will soon be moved to the new Gallery.

steryder

Oct 21, 2016
Manchester
Owned this since the beginning of December (my first bike - passed my test and went and bought this beauty straight away), the bike was completely standard when I first purchased it - I was very pleased with the bike as it only had 9500 miles when I got it and for the age I think I got a tidy well looked after bike.

It wasn't long until I added a few little touches of my own. The standard exhaust had to go as it was an eye sore and the bike was missing the sound it should have had so I purchased a Yoshi Tri Oval which looks and sounds a million times better, then came a dark tinted double bubble screen, followed by the rear hugger purchased from Pyramid Plastics, which was then followed by the R&G Tail Tidy with R&G Micro Indicators. The bike as it is now;

Still waiting for some nice weather to fit the front R&G Micro Indicators and Adaptors which are sat gathering dust. Hopefully it wont be long until these are fitted along with an oil and filter change to get it ready for the summer (Suzuki OEM filter and some Silkolene Super 4 oil).

More updates to follow as and when I fit and future modifications if any - the bike is starting to look how I'd want it to now. Not really sure what other bits and bobs to fit other than new levers, crash protectors and heel plates and other little styling parts I have in mind etc.

Honest thoughts, opinions & suggestions appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_2779.jpg
    IMG_2779.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2778.jpg
    IMG_2778.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2710.jpg
    IMG_2710.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2703.jpg
    IMG_2703.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Underdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Oct 24, 2016
Yup yup lose those front indicators for some a little smaller than the Titanics iceberg and I'm thinking a tinted headlight cover, apart from that she's a pretty lady

steryder

Oct 21, 2016
Manchester
Yup yup lose those front indicators for some a little smaller than the Titanics iceberg and I'm thinking a tinted headlight cover, apart from that she's a pretty lady

Yeah I've got some smaller indicators sat ready and waiting to be fitted - I've got the same as the ones on the back I'm a bit OCD like that. I was hoping to fit this weekend just gone but the bad weather put me off.

I did look at tinted headlight covers but was a little put off by the 'Not for road use' part, although saying that the can says the exact same thing :p

Underdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Oct 24, 2016
I did look at tinted headlight covers but was a little put off by the 'Not for road use' part, although saying that the can says the exact same thing :p

Yup same as my exhaust, helmet and visor ;)

Underdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Oct 24, 2016
I don't, I keep meaning to order one but my car keeps eating tyres. However I will be ordering one shortly so if you wanted to wait and see how it looks on mine first I'll be sure to be posting plenty of pics once I have it

steryder

Oct 21, 2016
Manchester
Had an accident at the beginning of April, back end skidded out then gripped and flicked me off - long story short high sided me, partly down to inexperience, my heart sank and I was devastated that I had ruined my nice shiny toy, first picture is the aftermath. A lot of cosmetic damage, bent handlebar, bent rearset, scratched exhaust, mangled side and front fairings, snapped indicator, starter gear casing ruined, the list goes on.....

After endless searching for parts and time spent putting said replacement parts on the bike I now have it back on the road and all is good in the world again ;) (got it looking how I want it now).

Underdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Oct 24, 2016
I started reading your post and was thinking 'Noooooooooooo' gutted you lobbed but you've done a sterling job getting it back to A1 again. Charlie now has her headlight cover and the mirrors have left the building and been replaced with flush fitting indicators

Attachments

• DSCF4126.jpg
    DSCF4126.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 6

steryder

Oct 21, 2016
Manchester
Just waiting for the relay for indicators to arrive as they are at the moment suffering hyper flash as both sets are now R&G Micro indicators - have already fitted a resistor to each side and this doesn't quite do the job, probably needs a resistor on each indicator but really don't want to mess around with crimping wires etc again so went for the plug and play relay to fix the problem.

Yours is looking good :cool: a big fan of the headlight cover - just out of curiosity how is the cover held on and how does it look with the headlight on, does enough light still get through etc.? Was thinking of getting one of these myself.

Underdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Oct 24, 2016
I went the relay route straight away, easier than resistors. The headlight cover is held on with four velcro tabs so can be removed easily. It actually doesn't let any light through because mine is solid black. I'm looking to spray it the metallic blue same as the fairing

steryder

Oct 21, 2016
Manchester
I went the relay route straight away, easier than resistors. The headlight cover is held on with four velcro tabs so can be removed easily. It actually doesn't let any light through because mine is solid black. I'm looking to spray it the metallic blue same as the fairing

Relay did the trick so all is good. Wish I did that first rather than faff around with resistors etc.:rolleyes: