Mobile Phone/Sat Nav holder

Underdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Oct 24, 2016
When I'm riding I listen to music through my intercom, if I'm going somewhere I don't know I get directions from google playing through the headset but I can't see the maps because my phone is in my pocket. If anyone calls I can't see who it is so I decided I wanted to mount the phone where I can see it. I like the Ram Mount but I'm not up for spending £50 to mount my phone!! So being a tight git I spent £3 on one of these from eBay: eBay item number:272309659617

Then proceeded to break it! I took the suction cup off the bottom and wrapped PVC tape around it to make it a better fit

I had to reduce the top collar a bit too, I did it with a flappy disc on an angle grinder and I had to be very gentle. Then once I got it to slide in deep enough, I poked it in to the headstock, gave it a bit of a tap with the heel of my hand to get it a to seat properly

I've got an HTC One M9 which is a fair sized phone and even with the phone in place you can still see everything

Job done! Phone doesn't move and as I don't ride in naff weather I don't have to worry about the phone getting wet, but if I do get caught out I can just chuck it back in my pocket. That's about the best way I can think of to spend £3 on your bike and actually get something useful!