MCE insurance

Gixxerbud

Sep 21, 2015
Thirsk
Anyone had any problems with these? Someone reversed into me at a petrol station ( in a van and decided he wanted the pump i was at) insurance company have forwarded me onto their solicitors and they are saying I will have to pay a success fee if they win??? MCE taking no responsibility and feedback is terrible. Been 5 weeks since it happened and still nobody looked at my bike ?

tartan biker

Oct 5, 2016
Melbourne
Hi, Yes I have had dealings with MCE when I lived in the UK. Had a crash and it took ages to sort out (10 months) dealt with 4 other company's who MCE pass the buck too for bike assessment and repair then there were 2 different solicitors who basically said it was all my fault until I quoted every fact from the highway code in relation to the traffic incident and had to totally discredit the driver and her actions along with her statement which they sent me a copy of for me to slate. I never insured another bike with them, once you report the accident they seem to wash there hands of you, I never had contact with MCE again after the initial call.

Cant remember if I had to pay a success fee but saying that they may have disguised it as an admin fee. I just remember also having to fight for full cost of bike and they only paid percentages for my gear and helmet, it was a nightmare of a claim.

Hope you get it sorted just keep hounding them and ringing every other day.