For Sale GSX-R1100J - F/89, Fully Restored, Last of The Slabsides!

• This section is for members of the site to sell their bike.

Traders can request a trade account by Contacting Us.

Please mark your post with the appropriate prefix, either 'For Sale' which will show in green, or 'Sold' which will then show as Red. This is to keep things organised.

SFA

Jul 5, 2021

Suzuki GSX-R1100J - £9750 (ono)​

I've owned this bike since March '98, when it was first brought into the UK as a grey import from Japan, by Pocket Rockets in South London I think. They sold it to Fins Motorcycles in Redhill and I bought it from Fin, who knew I was after another after my first Gixer had been written off by a tin machine in late '97. The bike was immaculate when I got it, and as it was my only wheels for pretty much the next 12years I put a fair few miles on, all year round in all weathers. In other words I ran her into the ground. Rather than scrapping her and having to find a shedload of cash for another decent sports bike, I chose to blow a shedload of cash getting her rebuilt. As in - stripped back to a bare frame, completely refurbished and back into an as new condition. Apart from the paintwork and Termignoni can** she's essentially standard. Cost me around £9.5K - plus a good old chunk in creditcard interest! - and I have to say it was worth every penny. Massive shout out to P&H Motorcycles in Crawley who undertook all the work, and did a fantastic job - I basically got a brand new bike back.

Why I'm selling now? Mainly because I can't be trusted to behave! She's a complete hooligan of a bike, and I find it impossible to resist her charms (ahem!)!! Trouble is, I'm not 24yrs old anymore, not even 44 (sob) - my eyesight's no longer 20/20, my reactions have slowed and my concentration's...oh look, a squirrel!

It's painful, but I have to face the facts :-((

So if you'd like a mint, rare, bonkers bike to terrorise the town & country with please get in touch - gixer@2hi4u.com

gixer3.jpg

gixer_ph1.jpg

gixer_ph2.jpg

gixer_papers.jpg