From Road to Race

• Please use the Gallery at the top of the page to upload your photos and create albums. This section will soon be moved to the new Gallery.

TheFlyingScotty

Dec 28, 2016
Kent
For those who are interested; I'm setting my l4-600 from a road bike to a race bike. I've owned it from new and should be starting to race in the Thundersport GB Novice series next year.

So from this:
The start.jpg

I then changed the brake and clutch to ASV shorty levers and put an Akropovic end can on and used it on the road for two years.

Hitting winter this year I took it off road because I wasn't going to ride it or I was going to lose my license so I decided to start racing and I began to swap a few bits over

First off i put full race fairins on from reactive parts
The Bike.jpg
Generally quite good but one of the holes just doesn't line up with anything, the photo shows the inside which should be the mounting hole on the gear side for the lower belly pan
DSC_0569.jpg

At the moment the cat is still on the exhaust so I've cut the belly pan around that
DSC_0572.jpg

Side view of the bike
DSC_0571.jpg

Since then I've changed to race fluids, fitted HEL front and back braided race brake lines, oil and oil filter change and lockwired it all down, here are a couple of the lockwired parts

DSC_0662.jpg
DSC_0663.jpg

Plenty still to do but funds and tools are stopping me at the moment

Any questions just ask away

Attachments

• DSC_0569.jpg
    DSC_0569.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 0