Ey up chuck.

Gromit

Jan 4, 2020
Hello Everyone,

New member here. While I don't have a GSX-R yet, I plan on getting one this spring. I can't decide between a 600 or 750, what one would you guys recommend? I'm nearly 40 (early mid-life crisis) I've been without a bike for around 15 years since my son was born, but need to get another. Any comments / ideas most welcome. Also if you can recommend any decent dealers, I don't mind travelling for the right bike at the right price.

Maiya

Dec 24, 2019
Hey :)

I have had 2 600s and a 750 (current). Love both. The 600 is very rider friendly and a great all rounder, very forgiving and corners just perfect. The 750 is noticeably quicker, you certainly feel the difference in acceleration but it's just as rider friendly as the 600 in my opinion! If you're not using it for track you may not use all it's potential on the road so might want to take into consideration the difference in tax, insurance and fuel consumption. I spent my life from 14 as pilly and decided, once kids etc grown up, I wanted to ride for myself, yep, mid life crisis lol. Best thing I ever did!!! I have found both Thunder Road in Wales and CMC (dealers nationwide) to be very good. As a woman it is difficult to be taken seriously by dealers although it is getting better. Both the ones I have recommended have been great. Best of luck with whichever you choose. You won't be disappointed.

• Love
Reactions: Gromit

Gromit

Jan 4, 2020
Hey :)

I have had 2 600s and a 750 (current). Love both. The 600 is very rider friendly and a great all rounder, very forgiving and corners just perfect. The 750 is noticeably quicker, you certainly feel the difference in acceleration but it's just as rider friendly as the 600 in my opinion! If you're not using it for track you may not use all it's potential on the road so might want to take into consideration the difference in tax, insurance and fuel consumption. I spent my life from 14 as pilly and decided, once kids etc grown up, I wanted to ride for myself, yep, mid life crisis lol. Best thing I ever did!!! I have found both Thunder Road in Wales and CMC (dealers nationwide) to be very good. As a woman it is difficult to be taken seriously by dealers although it is getting better. Both the ones I have recommended have been great. Best of luck with whichever you choose. You won't be disappointed.

Thanks for the really informative reply. I'll check them out on google, see what stock they have. Is the 750 much heavier than the 600, I mean on paper it is, but is it noticeable would you say when at a standstill etc?

Maiya

Dec 24, 2019
No problem :)

Yes, the 700 is marginally heavier but you are looking at an extra 150cc. The chassis is exactly the same. I am a 5ft 2" woman and before I lowered my bike I was taken out by a left hand camber at a standstill purely because once it had gone past a certain angle I couldn't hold it up and when I was down I could not then pick it up myself as I am a 10st wimp!! Very embarrassing :( Thankfully, my husband was with me and picked the bike up for me. Stupid and costly mistake on my part but it could have been worse and it certainly hasn't put me off!!

What I would say is find a dealer that has both a 600 and a 750 in stock and take a test ride on both of them. You will know yourself then what you prefer.