Returned to a GSXR

payne

Aug 16, 2022
Not so new to owning a GSXR
back in the 90's I had a 750 slabside and then in 1998 I purchased a new GSXR750WW that was a great bike to ride but had so many
issues with the gearbox and then driveability after the recall on the fuel pump , with just over three years of ownership (and only having the bike for less that 12 months, as the rest of the time it was at the dealers) it was sold
and a new R1 replaced it
21 years later and I've just purchased a very well used GSXR750WX the power train is by far better then my original WW (I think a lot of its issues was the dealer not having a clue how to repair it)

Old GSXR Pilot

Apr 13, 2022
Welcome! I'm new to the GSXR world but have been riding for years. I'm not familiar with the WW model but am very well versed on older Yamahas. It's always tough on the customer when the shop doesn't know what they are doing. I wish they would just tell you that what ever is beyond their scope of work. That's why I do most of my own work. Where are you from and pictures are a good thing!

payne

Aug 16, 2022
The WW was the first fuel injected SRAD
I don't have any pictures
If the first one was a used bike I would have repaired it myself

Old GSXR Pilot

Apr 13, 2022
Thanks for the info on the WW and WX I started my affliction with a used K5 750 then a K7 1000. I hope you are enjoying your WX and once agin Welcome.

Last edited:

payne

Aug 16, 2022
I started with a 1985 GSXR750G
In the early 1990's
The WX is in a few bits and slowly taking shape
Its starting to go back together and hopefully in the next week or two will be a riding bike again