New to forums, not so new to GSXRs

QRO

Apr 17, 2022
Hi Guys.

I recently obtained a somewhat neglected 750 L0 and started posting about it 'in another place' (! shock ! ... https://www.gsxr.com/threads/hey-new-to-this-forum-not-so-new-to-gsxrs.244897/ )

This is following a +decade long absence from motorcycling, and I thought I'd like to see what the motorcycling experience is like these days for me. I used to ride a GSXR 1100 in the 90's, so maybe I have some bragging rights there purely on seniority! ;)

Still a bit of work to be done on it, and made a donation here as I wanted to download the workshop manual (and better my money went here than pay some dodgy looking website selling copies) and check up some data and torque settings.

So, thanks for having me, and if it is not a terrible thing I might do a bit of cross forum posting? But I will avoid duplications, original material and discussions per forum.

Has anyone considered combining the gsxr forums?

Anyway, like I say I will avoid generating duplications but will try to figure out which sites are best for tech, which for chat, opinions, experience, etc..

Situation right now is that I have the bike up and running, all legal and tested for the road and running OK, still a few things to sort and it still has quite a lot of grime to clean up. It seems to me the valves are out of adjustment and I am worried the exhaust valves have become over tight and not sealing fully now. So riding it gently, but I think it needs a bit of running else the intake valve clearance measurements won't be right.

I'm riding a bit to burn off any intake valve carbon, and actually riding today seems to be supporting that approach. Bike starts and runs smooth, and the very tappety top end seems to have been getting quieter over the last 100 or two miles, since I got it started up (was basically a non-runner when it arrived a few weeks ago).

Any good tips when doing valve clearances, or any other good things to do with a gsxr that's been neglected and left for a while, most welcome.

I'm UK based, so 'cheers'! ;)

1653069181792.jpeg

Reactions: Shippo