Hi Newby here..

TP750

Feb 1, 2019
BRISTOL UK
I have recently joined the forum and i am wondering which parts will fit my 1999 GSXR 750. I am very new to the gixxer as i have always had zx6r or zx10r.

I am not even sure if i have a K1 or not :rolleyes:. any suggestions on end cans, tyre's, break pads.

I am looking for a rear hugger and a chain guard if anyone is selling.:cool:

The bike handles well, breaks need upgrading. Maybe looking at forks from a later model but not sure what will fit ??

suspension seems OK but will need new springs and SAG set-up

Thank you in advance.

jls

Apr 6, 2014
I have recently joined the forum and i am wondering which parts will fit my 1999 GSXR 750. I am very new to the gixxer as i have always had zx6r or zx10r.

I am not even sure if i have a K1 or not :rolleyes:. any suggestions on end cans, tyre's, break pads.

I am looking for a rear hugger and a chain guard if anyone is selling.:cool:

The bike handles well, breaks need upgrading. Maybe looking at forks from a later model but not sure what will fit ??

suspension seems OK but will need new springs and SAG set-up

Thank you in advance.

You have an "X" model...I don't have any strong feelings about cans or brake pads but I was impressed by the power pilot 3's that i had on it and absolutely love the Michelin Power RS that I have on it now. Don't tend to use it in the wet so am still a little wary of their wet performance whatever Michelin claim but on the road and track I find them brilliant.

Oscar280

Sep 5, 2016
Yep, should be an X unless registered particularly early or late. Carbon Lorraine for pads, Bridgestone S21's or 22's for tyres - brilliant performance and wear.

A can alone will only make a difference to the look and sound, virtually nothing to performance and you will want to get the bike's ecu flashed for it (or run it with a baffle) to avoid it running too lean at the bottom part of the rev range. Regardless, if you want the best = Yoshimura or if you want to spend less Fuel make some nice stuff at sensible money. Just my opinion as is avoid a stubby one. :sick: