Butchered wiring.99 srad 750

Apr 5, 2020
Just got a 99 srad 750 at abandoned auction.No wires on bike anywhere.Bought wiring harness but at a loss as to what goes where.Just want the basics to get it started for now.It does have ignition with key but wires aren't hooked up to anything.Any help would be killer.thanks.ps.why does it seem so hard to find wiring info on just the 99 model???

Apr 5, 2020
Thanks for your reply..unfortunately it won't let me pull up diagrams.keeps telling me I don't have permission.Bummer.Ill keep trying though.Life without a bike is well.....what life...

Apr 5, 2020
Many thanks for the manual.Sorry it took so long for a reply.Hopefully I'll have the srad back on the road before long.Really do love the looks of the srad.Here lately I've been working on a 97 tl 1000 s I picked up for a decent price.Many thanks again.

Apr 5, 2020
Let me ask you this....will most of the wiring or components work off the 97 tl 1000 work on the 99 750? Reason I ask is that the 1000 motor is locked up.looking at the wiring diagram there pretty close to
The same thing except that one is a v twin and 750 isn't... All I wanna do to the 750 is to hear it run.wouldn't mind running the streets with it but for now,a track bike would be just great.I had a 1000r.sold it a while back.bad mistake.

Peter Czibolya

Apr 19, 2020
I see a small chance that the cabling and electronics would be interchangeable.

I'll check later to see if I have a TL 1000S service book.
From there, you can compare the circuit diagram with the SRAD drawing.

Apr 5, 2020
I owe you one bro.thanks for the manuals.Maybe now I can make some progress.ill keep you posted and let u know all the headaches I encounter.lol.thanks again.

Peter Czibolya

Apr 19, 2020
You will need the TL ECU to use with the TL engine. And a GSXR ECU to use the GSXR engine.
If the ECU pinout is different you cant switch the wiring harness between them.

I would try to find a GSXR wiring and ECU, they are cheap for these old bikes

Apr 5, 2020
I've got the ecu for both bikes..750 I bought at a auction and all the wires are gone except ign switch(not hooked up to anything)&the ecu(cut wires,not hooked up to anything either. 1000 is all there except locked up engine..bought it just because it was a killer deal,locked up engine and all..Mechanical I can handle,electrical I'm no fan of...lol. Just trying to get the 750 to start up..